The following training processes utilized by Sanville Consulting were developed by Doug Sanville and Linda Hodge. They have been conducted in different organizations through the years. Here are a few examples of client projects.
Olin Corporation – Project A
We worked in collaboration with select Human Resource Managers and Manufacturing Managers to customize and tailor to the organization. Pilot Workshops included a diverse selection of managers that represented each area of the organization.
Coaching for Peak Performance (aka Coaching and Development Workshop):
This 1.5 day training utilized Lominger’s competencies and integrates Performance Manager training, development planning, coaching and giving/receiving feedback within the training. It included training about learning agility and high potentials, and incorporated a “case study” approach in several components of the training. Goals and outcomes for the training were: (1) to increase manager’s effectiveness as coaches so that employees achieve a higher level of performance and the organization achieves superior business results, and (2) to increase the effectiveness of all employees, in coaching, giving and receiving feedback and their personal development.
- Training began with 3 pilots (including HR Team) for feedback and customization suggestions to best suit Olin’s culture and respond to their needs. After modifying the curriculum from pilot feedback, we conducted 22 trainings throughout the organization over a 2 year period (15-20 participants per training) for 375 managers, supervisors, and exempt associates.
- Included a redesign and update after an acquisition and rolled-out the training for the newly acquired plants (5 workshops – another 75 people).
- Winchester (Division of Olin) – included a redesign and new case studies for their industry. Following 2 pilot programs, conducted 12 workshops (1.5 days with 15-20 participants per workshop) for approximately 250 managers, supervisors and exempt associates.
Olin Corporation – Project B
Responsible Care ® Leadership Workshop – Doug and Linda led the design, customization, piloting and conducting of this unique Safety Leadership Workshop. Created a 1.5 day version for managers and supervisors, and a 1 day version for all hourly personnel.Goals and outcomes for the training were: (1) to teach and demonstrate safety leadership behaviors to improve safety performance, (2) to fortify the safety culture, (3) for people at all levels of the organization to take ownership for safety such that we all accept accountability for eliminating unsafe acts, conditions, and potential incidents, and (4) for people to except personal accountability for their own actions and speak up about others’ unsafe acts, conditions and potential incidents.
- We all accept accountability for eliminating unsafe acts, conditions and potential incidents.
- Following the pilot programs, conducted 22 workshops (1.5 days and 15-20 participants per workshop) for approximately 350 managers, supervisors and exempt associates.
- Following the pilot programs, conducted 29 workshops (1 day and 20-25 participants per workshop) for approximately 600 hourly personnel (union and non-union employees).
- Following an acquisition, a redesign and update was initiated and the training was rolled-out for the newly acquired plants:
– Conducted 13 workshops (1.5 days and 15-20 participants per workshop) for approximately 230 managers, supervisors and exempt associates.
– Conducted 18 workshops (1 day and 20-25 participants per workshop) for approximately 400 hourly personnel (including union and non-union employees).
Schreiber Foods – Project C
360 Feedback, Coaching and Development Planning: This was delivered by Doug and Linda. Goals and outcomes for the training were: (1) for all managers and supervisors to understand the feedback (particularly their strengths and weaknesses), (2) act on the feedback in order to improve their performance, (3) and gain a greater self-awareness.
- Utilized a Center for Creative Leadership feedback tool (360 ByDesign ® — now called Benchmarks by Design ™) in order to provide 360 degree feedback to all managers and supervisors, starting with the executive team.
- Included a custom-designed half-day Individual Development Plan (IDP) Workshop for all who received feedback. Each participant came away from the workshop with a written development plan to review with their boss and then implement.
- Approximately 1,000 managers and supervisors received feedback and attended the IDP Workshop over a three year period at 18 plant locations across the US.
Life Care Centers – Project D
A large nursing home chain (28,000 employees) was experiencing sudden and significant declines in revenues. Goals were to 1) reduce turnover, 2) increase savings, and (3) improve revenue. Doug assisted the client in the following ways…
- guided the development of a five-year Vision Map with 250 people from the field.
- followed this by facilitating one-year vision/action maps and scorecard measures for 230 facilities.
- worked with the Human Resource department and the collaboration of 60 people, the company was able to reduce turnover.
The results included a 32% reduction in turnover, a savings of over $15 million per year and a rapid increase in census and mix generating $60 million in revenues.